Awesome brass features

There is only Carolina Crown 2010.

1:40 of just the brass line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIXcAsz6O-E

Agreed, that's awesome. Too bad it's timed such that Crocker had to talk over parts of it.

(The show's theme of spousal abuse always shocks me, though.)

BD 2014 is the first to come to my mind as well. Also, how about Crown's 14 closer for brass, with the trumpet runs over the descending line? Awesome.

Go to 2:44 of this video -

http://youtu.be/s4l7pW6oOQY

Mike

The trumpets at 2:58-3:12 are what most impress me.

• Like 1

1993 Blue Devils IMHO is the quintessential Brass Ensemble show. The whole show is littered with solos and brass ensembles doing Don Ellis/Hank Levy. Please note I'm percussionist and this may be one of my top 5 BD shows.

Link for some videos via youtube.

The show

Edited by Jeffe77

1993 Blue Devils IMHO is the quintessential Brass Ensemble show. The whole show is littered with solos and brass ensembles doing Don Ellis/Hank Levy. Please note I'm percussionist and this may be one of my top 5 BD shows.

Link for some videos via youtube.

The show

That entire show is a brassgasm.

Bloo 2008...."The Boxer"

Thank you...that is all.

That's my choice, too. That feature is made all the more wonderful by the contrasting melodic rope-a-dope leading into it. Then the brass just hits you in the face, and knocks you out.

My second favorite is the '88 Blue Devils outro at finals.

Bloo 2008...."The Boxer"

Thank you...that is all.

A guy sitting near me quietly called his friend on his cell phone, surreptitiously held it while they played that feature, and then whispered into the phone "did you hear that? What did I tell you?"

• Like 1

A guy sitting near me quietly called his friend on his cell phone, surreptitiously held it while they played that feature, and then whispered into the phone "did you hear that? What did I tell you?"

When we heard that in the theater, you'd think we'd all gone to church....it was one of the most beautiful brass shouts ever.

• Like 1